In corpore sauna…
Corona update 1 nov 2021
- No covid-safe-ticket or QR-code needed
- Limited number of visitors at a time, based on a 3-hour stay. Reservation needed with registration upon entry (with mouth mask up to the vestiary).
- No obligation to wear a mouth mask in the bathroom, but you must keep a distance of 1.5 m everywhere in the house, except in the saunas which are self-disinfecting due to the high temperature. In bubble bath and steam bath max 3 persons at a time.
- No table service in the lounge, only take-away drinks at the bar.
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
A short history
On the edge of the Patershol, the culinary heart of Ghent, Jan Van den Dorpe discovered a former trading house from 1911, built in late Art Nouveau style by “textile baron” Juliaan Van Damme.
A building with a soul that, once revived, would become the atmospheric home of Sauna Aqua Azul.
Our story starts in 1985. Over the various years, more and more rooms were integrated into the overall bath design. On the gallery where it used to buzz with sewing machines, there are now luxurious relax chairs in front of the fireplace.
The former kitchen and staff quarters were converted into a bathroom. Many original elements have been preserved, such as the frieze in the vestibule, the parquet living room with its sculpted wall furniture, the colorful stained glass windows and art deco ornaments.
It became a warm, colorful bathhouse with positive vibrations. Today you are very welcome as a sauna guest.
Visit us on Facebook, or take a virtual tour of the sauna!